Supreme Court notifies Vacation Benches; CJI Ranjan Gogoi on Bench from May 25 to May 30May 10 2019
The composition of Vacation Benches which would hear cases during the summer break of Supreme Court has been notified. Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi will be part of the Vacation Bench from May 25 to May 30.
During the first part of the summer vacation from May 13 to May 28, the following Benches will hear cases.
- May 13 to May 20 – Justices Indira Banerjee and Sanjiv Khanna
- May 21 to May 24 – Justices Arun Mishra and MR Shah
- May 25 to May 28 – Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi and Justice MR Shah
During the second part of the summer vacation from May 29 to June 13, the following Benches have been notified:
- May 29 to May 30 – Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi and Justice MR Shah
- May 31 to June 2 – Justices L Nageswara Rao and MR Shah
- June 3 to June 5 – Justices Indu Malhotra and MR Shah
- June 6 to June 13 – Justices Indira Banerjee and Ajay Rastogi
The Vacation Benches for the third part of summer vacation from June 14 to June 30 will be notified later.
The Supreme Court will be closed for the annual Summer Vacation from Monday, 13th May, 2019 to Sunday, 30th June, 2019 (both days inclusive) and will re-open on Monday, 1st July , 2019.
Under Rule 6 of Order II of the Supreme Court Rules, 2013, Chief Justice of India can nominate Benches to hear urgent miscellaneous matters and regular hearing matters during the Summer Vacation.
[Read Notification]Vacation bench notification
With a premium account you get:
- One year of unrestrcited access to previous interviews, columns and articles
- One year access to all archival material
- Access to all Bar & Bench reports