Senior Citizens Act can be invoked to evict abusive Adult Children, Bombay HC [Read Judgment]

Meera Emmanuel July 5 2018
power of attorney

No adult child can force his senior citizen parents to allow him to stay in their house. Further, the senior citizen can even invoke the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Act (Senior Citizens Act), 2007 to evict adult children, if required.

The Bombay High Court clarified this position recently, in a case brought by a son against his aged mother for having initiated maintenance and eviction proceedings against him and his family under the Senior Citizens Act.

On . . .

This content is restricted to subscribers