NLU Delhi invites applications for new Vice-ChancellorOctober 12 2019
National Law University, Delhi (NLU Delhi) has put out an advertisement seeking applications for the post of Vice-Chancellor.
As per the UGC Regulations, the following are the terms of appointment:
- Vice Chancellor to be a person possessing the highest level of competence, integrity, morals and institutional commitment is to be appointed as Vice-Chancellor. The person to be appointed as a Vice-Chancellor should be a distinguished academician, with a minimum of ten years of experience as Professor in a University or ten years of experience in a reputed research and/or academic administrative organisation with proof of having demonstrated academic leadership.
- Vice Chancellor to be an academic person and outstanding scholar in law/relevant subject/or an eminent jurist. He shall be a whole time salaried officer of the University.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a term of five years or such less period as the Governing Council may decide, from the date on which he enters upon his office or until he attains the age of seventy years, whichever is earlier, and he shall be eligible for re- appointment for further term till he attains the age of seventy years.
Applications may be sent via speed post or email by November 11.
The salary of the Vice-Chancellor includes a basic pay of Rs. 2,10,000, Dearness Allowance of Rs. 25,200, Medical Allowance of Rs. 2,000 and a Special Allowance of Rs. 11, 250.
The perquisites include residential accommodation on campus and an official car.
Incumbent Vice-Chancellor Prof Ranbir Singh has been at the helm of affairs at NLU Delhi since the inception of the University in 2008. He He had earlier served as founding Vice-Chancellor of NALSAR Hyderabad from 1998 to 2008.
Link to the online application may be found here.
Read the advertisement:Advertisement VC
With a premium account you get:
- One year of unrestrcited access to previous interviews, columns and articles
- One year access to all archival material
- Access to all Bar & Bench reports