New interface for CLAT 2018 introduced days before examMay 11 2018
Days before this year’s Common Law Admission Test (CLAT 2018) is scheduled to be held across the country, it has come to light that there has been a change in the online interface for the exam.
As first reported by Legally India, the interface for CLAT 2018 will be different from what it was since the exam went online in 2015. The Career Launcher blog edited on May 8 enlists the following changes in the interface for this year’s exam (candidates can view the new interface on the CLAT Admit Card Login page):
- Tabs are getting replaced by new buttons to move from one question to another.
- ‘Marked for Review’ gets replaced by Tag and De-tag.
- Earlier, when the new interface was shown, there were no section tabs, however, with just 5 days left, CLAT has introduced a drop down to select and navigate through sections.
- One of the instructions discourages candidates to use the ‘Next Question’ tab multiple times, as it will lead to the page freezing, followed by restarting of the test.
- Text size can be increased or decreased with the ‘Text Size’ tab provided on the left-hand corner.
CLAT 2018 is scheduled to be held on Sunday, May 13.
The exam has had a long history of discrepancies that have come under challenge in several courts. Though last year’s exam process went largely smoothly, this year’s edition, hosted by National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS) Kochi, seems to have gotten off to an ominous start.
As per the CLAT website, the uploading of admit cards for the exam hit a technical snag, meaning that candidates could only download them on April 26, six days late.
With a premium account you get:
- One year of unrestrcited access to previous interviews, columns and articles
- One year access to all archival material
- Access to all Bar & Bench reports