Website Ara Trust
The Ara Trust is looking to hire a Senior Legal Protection Officer in New Delhi. The candidates should have at least 5+ years of work experience.
Ara Trust recruits, trains, and supervises skilled candidates to assist in the organization’s work. The selected candidate will share responsibility for the overall management and implementation of programmes. His/her tasks shall include:
- Taking day-to-day decisions and participating in annual planning.
- Providing support in managerial, administrative, financial, and knowledge management tasks.
- Reporting on the progress made in specific projects/programmes.
- Assisting in providing pro bono legal aid to asylum-seekers claiming refugee status before the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). This will involve:
- Interviewing and counselling asylum-seekers,
- Writing reports, memorandums, legal briefs, and related documents based on the same, along with extensive country of origin research;
- Corresponding with UNHCR on specific cases, seeking intervention in emergency cases, and representing the issues faced by the refugee community
- Training and supervising staff, volunteers, interns, and interpreters in their work.
- Engaging in project-based research.
- Assisting with fund-raising activities and interacting with donors as required.
- Conducting workshops and training in universities, NGOs, UNHCR etc.
- Maintaining office databases and drafting office correspondence.
- Such other activities which are required to meet Ara Trust’s goals.
- Open to Indian citizens only.
- Graduate of Law, International Relations, Development Studies or a related field. A post-graduate degree will be an advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience. Prior experience working with refugees/migrants/IDPs or other vulnerable communities will be an advantage, as will prior experience in fund-raising activities.
- Excellent command over written and spoken English.
- Ability to work under supervision in a team.
- Willingness to travel.
- The contract will initially be for 6 months, till 31 December 2017, and will be extendable for 2018 subject to availability of funding and the candidate’s performance.
- Salary will be INR 70,000 per month; TDS (10%) will be deducted before payment.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The successful candidate will be expected to start on 3 July 2017.
Number of Openings : 1 (one)
Remuneration Offered : INR 8,40,000 per annum
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & DEADLINE:
Please email a letter of interest, a writing sample, and an up-to-date CV to email@example.com, with the subject line “Application for the post of Senior Legal Protection Officer”.
The deadline for receiving applications is 9am (IST) on 15 May 2017.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to appear for a written test and/or an interview. Candidates based outside New Delhi may appear for the written test and/or interview remotely.
Consider placing your requirements on the Bar&Bench Classifieds!
All you need to do is fill out this form
Contact Ravi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 99000 99142