Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) has acquired Sokrati, a Pune-head quartered Indian data-driven performance-marketing and analytics agency.
DAN has purchased equity shares from Sokrati’s current shareholders Ashish Mehta, Anubhav Sonthalia and Santosh Gannavarapu and investor shareholders Inventus Capital Partners (Mauritius) Limited and IvyCap Ventures.
DSK Legal advised DAN and the team was led by Associate Partner Pritha Jha along with Senior Associate Sanket Jain and Associate Pracheta Redhu.
Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas advised the promoters of Sokrati and the team included Sindhushri Badarinath and Akshay Bhat.
Samvad Partners advised the investors and the team included Partner Nivedita Nivargi and Associates Neeraj Vyas and Divya Shankara.
DAN is also launching Merkle, a global data-driven performance-marketing agency, in India. DAN had acquired a majority interest in Merkle last year, and India will be the first country in the Asia-Pacific region, where it will be launched. Post-acquisition, Sokrati will be rebranded as Merkle Sokrati, reported ET
With a premium account you get:
- One year of unrestrcited access to previous interviews, columns and articles
- One year access to all archival material
- Access to all Bar & Bench reports
Already a subscriber ?
- Luthra, CAM, DSK, Khaitan lead on True North acquisition of Religare Health Insurance
- DSK, CAM, NDA on True North’s $100 million investment in Home First Finance
- DSK, AZB, Vaish lead on Dentsu Aegis Network acquisition of SVG Media
- IndusLaw, DSK act on Dentsu Aegis acquisition of Happy Creative Services
- ALMT, DSK, IndusLaw act on $200 million investment by PE Firm True North in KIMS
- Samvad Partners and Thomas and Krishnaswamy acted on investment by IDG Ventures in Peel Works
Former Cyril Amarchand Partner Niloufer Lam teams up with Zarir Bharucha
AZB, CAM lead on Blackstone’s acquisition of Xander’s Stake in Pune project
Khaitan, CAM lead on Just Buy Live $100 million fund raise from Ali Cloud Investments
Indus, CAM, Themis, AZB act on Oyo Rooms 1,600 crore fund raise from SoftBank & Ors
Rajaram, SAM, CAM, Themis act on Five Star Business Finance 333 crore fund raise
JSA, CAM, Morgan Lewis, Gunderson, Allen lead on Flipkart-eBay.in merger